Wednesday, June 20, 2012

New Toys and Balancing Acts

I haven't been updating very frequently, but I hope you all like the content that does make it out here. I love to share my art, my thoughts and what I learn. I've been so busy trying to balance my friends, relationship and my new job that my art side has taken a backseat. I hope to find a happy medium soon and I should be posting more frequently as I "figure it all out". For now I hope that the sheer imagery in this post will make you drool enough to come back next time I post! :)

Fujifilm HS30 EXR
(Image from Google Image Search)

I have been looking for a new camera for a while now (ever since I used my boyfriend's until it wore out) so I went into a camera store near my work to get my hands on the actual thing. They let me play around with a couple different models getting the feel of what features I really wanted. My biggest feature, the one that I'd drool over, is the manual focus. I am so happy to have found that in a camera that doesn't have a detachable lens. I don't need a gazillion lenses. I don't even need two. I ended up with the Fujifilm HS30 EXR. It's got a manual super-zoom lens, manual focus, and a bunch of other sweet features I haven't even started to play with yet. It's only downside is that it has difficulty with low-light situations. It gets really noisy if the scene's too dark.

Overall, I love this camera.We went camping and I took photos the entire time.




The left photo was taken from the side of the state highway. It's zoomed in about half as much as my camera can do. The photo on the right is zoomed in as far as it will go, and it's still just amazing detail.













On the left is a nice photo I took of a daisy, the right this time is a small part of that image enlarged to show detail. :) a little bit of grain, but not too bad considering I shot this macro, zoomed in, manually zooming and focusing.


And why not a picture of a chipmunk? This little guy was just digging in the pathway as we walked down to the beach. Thanks to my zooming capabilities I was able to get a pretty neat photo without scaring this little guy away.


And last but not least, this is my piece de resistance for this blog post. My friend Chrissy spinning Poi at sunset. I am just so happy with how this photo came out. It's got some spectacular sun spots and rays and she's such a lovely person all on her own. I love the natural sense of this photo.

3 comments:

MW said...

These are all awesome photos. Especially like the sillouette - Can't wait to see what more you create through the camera lens.

Wayne said...

Love the sunset shot. You should send your EXIF info.
And the cute little guy is a chipmunk, not a red squirrel ;-}

a65c63 said...

GREAT PIC.S!! what a nice camera! i wish i could figure out how to use all the features of a camera!!LOL